Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Winter Concert!

Exciting Day?

Yes. Quite exciting.

Why Jake Why!?

I think I've created enough suspense for one post. Well today was the day that since the fall concert, we have been training for in band. All the work we do each day, that one hour class, came down to this one moment. Everything we tried so hard to perfect and make sound like it was really a masterpiece came down to this very moment.

No pressure.

But like all good stories with a slightly relevant plot and lesson, our immense hard work payed off!

Yes. Let's recap shall we?

I'll just skip to the parts I was in because those are more important than the other parts because I wasn't in them.....

Just kidding.

So for starters, Ensemble sounded awesome! No real problem came to me (which isn't saying much since I have trouble sensing when something sounds bad) but nonetheless to me it sounded amazing! Then Womens Chorus was great! Then Jazz Combo did a good job too! It was difficult to hear how they were really playing since the speaker was going in and out. Still Nice Job! Then another Chorus came up...I get lost with all the choruses we have, but I did liek the next one that came out too! Then there was Men's Chorus which was very cool too! I liked The Lion Sleeps Tonight! Then I think another chorus went up, they did good too!

Ok then Quintet was up. I tell you the people in this are amazing. They all are the type with an ear for music. Their "Fluff Side Up" original was amazing! Let's see the concert Choir was on. Sadly I missed it because we drummers were getting ready for our drumline. But I caught a glimpse of My Candles and was happy :-D.

Then came our drumline. Keep in mind we had a very rough idea of what we'd be doing, so most of what we did was on the spot. But it came out nicely! We didn't really make too many mistakes. We had a hard time starting off, but once we got rolling it worked fine!

Now on to Concert Band! First we did Big Band Signatures which turned out great! We had had trouble with it, but I was told i didn't mess up so thats cool! Then the other peoples did E Banks and that was a nice song. Sounded amazing from backstage, and I heard TCW telling everyone they did great. Then we went on to Sleigh Ride.

This was my moment of truth. Sleigh Ride. I had been practicing the whip cracks for so long and it came down to this moment. (My melodramatic telling of this is amazing). Now during practice I had never gotten all the whip cracks right. I got the main ones down after some time. But there were two elsewhere in the piece that i had never gotten. So I had to try and get it this time.

Well the time came for me to do that whip crack, and Whack! I got it! I was so happy!!

With whip cracks and bass drumming over, the night ended. And the lights to the auditorium faded.




<3

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home